Music Mambo Meme 3:28 PM
Music Mambo Week 26

Once again the time has come to Mambo! Autumn is just around the corner, so it's time to think of some autumn roadtripping music and new releases. There's so much music coming out in the next few months that everyone should have something new to mambo to. So without further ado or adieux or a-do or whatever, let's just get to the Mambo. Whatdayathink? 1. What music makes you think of autumn? (Songs, genres etc...)

Oddly enough, I don't think about Autumn in a very country type of way. I suppose if I had to pinpoint it, it would be songs like really remind of school.

2. What new releases are you looking forward to this fall/winter?

In music? Damn. I've been so broke for so long that I still have a huge of list of cds from last year that I never bought. So I'll just do it that way... I'll list the cds that I should buy to keep up with all the new releases.

  • Massive Attack - 100th Window
  • Peter Gabriel - Up
  • Nude on the Moon -The Anthology - B 52's
  • Shine like it Does- The Anthology - INXS
  • Greatest Hits - Falco
That's what my wishlist looks like...

3. If you're making a road trip over a weekend, what music do you take with you if any?

Funny, you should say that! Next saturday I'm going to go to " Knott's Halloween Haunt". And I just finished up making "Halloween" related mixes for the trip. (3 discs long! Can you believe that? Andrea, your will shipped in the mail soon along with the Harvest mix.) 4. Does your musical mood shift in autumn? (Meaning do you listen to different types of music from season to season?)

Hmm, hard to say. For me since I'm such a moody creature, my mood is usaually is what makes me shifit towards a different genres at different times. 5. If you could see one band in the fall concert season, who would it be and why? (The band has to be currently touring)

Violent Femmes would nice. I know that they are playing the House of Bluse near Disneyland around the 15th of October, but I sincerely doubt I'll be going. Sigh. Another missed chance.

Bonus: Make a perfect driving mix. Pick 15 songs that you love to hear while driving.

(Note: I'm going to come back to this later... :)

(You don't have to do this part now..think about it and post it...and we'll come back and check out your choices)